JEE Advanced(Earlier IIT JEE)
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced is a step ahead to JEE Main. It is conducted for the intake of the candidates into UG Engineering courses, in IITs and ISM, Dhanbad. However, various other institutes also consider the score of the exam for granting the admission. The Joint Admission Board (JAB) has announced that candidates will have the choice to write the JEE Advanced Exam in Hindi or English language. Each candidate is entitled to two consecutive attempts. This year, foreign national (POI and OCI included) may also write the paper. However, these candidates will not be entitled to seat reservation. Only top 1.5 lakh qualifiers of JEE Main 2016, who either were in top 20 percentile or possessed an aggregate of 75% marks in the Qualifying Exam, will be allowed to write the exam. Attempting both, Paper-I and Paper-II, was mandatory because marks of both will be considered to determine the rank.
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be in the top 1,50,000 (all categories included) in JEE Main 2016.
- Percentages of the total number of candidates for various categories: 50.5% for general (common merit list), 27% for OBC, 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST. within these categories (3% horizontal reservation PwD
Candidate must be born on or after 1 October 1990 (GEN or OBC) or on or after 1 October 1985 (SC, ST or PwD).
Number of Attempts
Candidate can attempt JEE Advanced 2016 for a maximum of two years, consecutively.
- Candidate must have passed in Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2015 or 2016
- In the qualifying examination, candidates either must have been among category top 20 percentile range or should have secured 75% aggregate marks. The criteria for SC/ST/PwD is 70%.
- Those who appeared in 2015 and want to re-appear in 2016 (either for improvement or due to failure in one or more subjects), are required to re-appear in 2015
- Candidates who appeared in 2014 are ineligible with exception being those whose result for 2013-14 was declared after June 2014
- For list of qualifying exam, refer to the official brochure
Prior Admission in IITs/ISM
- Candidate who is already admitted in IITs or ISM is ineligible for admission.
- The candidate who is in the preparatory course in any of the IITs in 2015 is eligible.
JEE Advanced Application Form
The procedure to fill JEE Advanced 2016 application form will be as below:
- Access the link above.
- Read all the instructions to fill the form thoroughly and click on “Proceed To Register Online”
- Submit JEE Main 2016 roll number, and create a password to register.
- Upload all the required documents and certificate.
- Remit the application fee via Net Banking or Debit/ Credit card.
JEE Advanced 2016 Application – Documents Required
- Color passport sized photo covering full face taken within last 6 months
- Class X certificate OR birth certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature
- Scanned copy of left-hand thumb impression
- Appropriate categorical certificate for SC/ST/OBC/PwD