The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is an entrance examination that is organised annually for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS/ BHMS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.
NEET-UG (Undergraduate) entrance examination for admission in MBBS and BDS courses is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves. However, many colleges and institutes also conducts private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.
NEET is an entrance test for the candidates who wish to be a Graduate in a medical or dental course such as MBBS/BDS. This year the NEET 2019 exam is scheduled on May 5, 2019. Candidates who will be appearing for the NEET exam for the for the first time should know how to attempt the question paper smartly in order to attempt a maximum number of questions and score more marks in the examination.
Here we have shared some strategy on how you should attempt the NEET question paper with proper time utilisation to turn out your knowledge into marks. With an effective study plan, it becomes easy to ace the exam.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
NEET is an offline objective test, conducted to judge your aptitude to become a doctor. It is a single level exam which includes 3 different subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany + Zoology)) for a total of 720 marks. 45 questions are asked from each section whereas from Biology 90 questions are asked to be answered within 3 hours. Now, let’s take a look at the strategy for NEET UG 2019 Exam.
Strategy for NEET 2019 Exam
* Out of 180 questions attempt all the doable questions first, which you have practiced before.
* If you have practiced well, then you can roughly attempt 120 questions with accuracy. It can easily get you within the merit list.
* Skip the questions where you feel difficulty, in order to save time and attempt the maximum number of questions.
* 2 hrs 30 minutes is enough to complete the paper. Hence, keep the last 30 minutes to attempt the left out questions.
* In these last minutes, you can also do guesswork but only if you are confused between two options. Since guesswork may lead to negative marking.
* Remain calm and do not panic, as panic may lead to stress which may disturb your time management.
* Devote time smartly in order to secure the cut off marks and make it to the merit list.
Order of Attempt for NEET 2019 Exam
We would suggest you to pick the easiest section in order to secure time. Mainly students consider Biology as the simplest subject due to conceptual based questions. Under this subject, you can attempt a maximum number of questions within less period of time with more accuracy.
Secondly, you can switch to the Chemistry section. This subject involves both conceptual based as well as numerical based questions. If you are familiar with the formulas and concepts, then it would be easy for you to attempt more than 50% questions within 55 minutes.
Physics is generally considered as one of the difficult subjects in NEET exam. This section is lengthy and also time-consuming subject due to which it is considered toughest among all. Thus, attempt this section at last to avoid indulging with the numerical and wasting time to find accuracy.
As we know, the preparation strategy differs from student to student. Hence, you can go through these strategies for a reference and can also adjust it accordingly to prepare for NEET 2019 exam.
Best Coaching for NEET | MEDICAL | IIT JEE
Corporate Office: - Vishal Tower, R.N. Shaw Chowk, Purnea - 854301, BIHAR || Branch Office: - Shanti Square Building, 2nd Floor, 2nd Mile, Sevoke Road, Siliguri, West Bengal India 734001
Copyright © The Qualifier - All Rights Reserved.
IIT JEE | NEET | AIIMS | CBSE 10th & 12th BOARDS